Mano y Metal: popped cherry,

12:59 AM

Mano y Metal now knows what it is to be a vendor! We debuted at The Tenant Gallery 's art sale: La Neta Art Sale this weekend and it was a BLAST! 
I launched my resin stud earrings line at the sale and sold 20 pairs the first day! So many friends stopped by and checked out my new venture into jewelry making. 

One of my good friends put it best: 
"I leave you alone for one month and this is what you do?" 

She was referring to my non-stop stream of ideas to keep on creating new types of earrings... I have been non-stop... it is all I have wanted to do lately.  

I think people thought it was a "hobby" I was starting--- a "little" thing I do on the side...

But look, I barely have time to do what I need to do, much less have a hobby---I do not have time for "hobbies." 
If I am going to do something, dedicate time and creative energy to well, then I am doing it full force- plain and simple. 

That's why she made that comment because:
Mano y Metal has been open
  • 1month
  • booked 6 shows
  • created 5 collections
(Wired Expressions, Abstract & Contrary, Heart of a Biker, Word Puzzles & Kaleidoscope-resin)
  • asked to sell Mano y Metal in 3 retail spaces
  • and probably decreased hours of sleep by 1000 hours:)
But that is the way I knew it would be, I don't have time for hobbies, if I was going to start making jewelry it was going to be forreal--full-force. 

And this weekend, being in my first art show as a vendor confirmed my mission, I loved it-- to be able to share my creation and art with others--have people walk away with Mano y Metal, walk away with a piece of my creative energy and spirit...
it's amazing and I Love you all and thank you for so much for supporting my handcrafted jewelry, the entire time I was vending I knew in my heart this is what I am supposed to be doing.

xo. 
Mano y Metal

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. :) Great show, great work.

    Love this part: "But look, I barely have time to do what I need to do, much less have a hobby---I do not have time for "hobbies."
    If I am going to do something, dedicate time and creative energy to well, then I am doing it full force- plain and simple."

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you. Now lets see if I can keep it up after this 2nd quarter of grad school starts. sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal