Sunday FUNday! {No.1} Curlers & Bobby Pins!

7:24 PM

 Introducing....
Sunday FUNday was a phrase my friend and I termed when we spent the day exploring thrift stores, walking around the colorful Pilsen, Chicago neighborhood & having a michelada on a sunny Sunday afternoon, hence: Sunday FUNday was born! 

 _________________________________


Sunday FUNday {No.1}
Today I took out the pink curlers that I had purchased in hopes of replacing the curling iron that you know, damages your hair. And I mimicked what I remembered from my childhood memories of my grandmother wrapping her long tresses in pink curlers...
to view earrings being worn: click HERE
 \\\\\ I also chose to wear my hand stamped earrings that say: "Mas O Menos" (translation: "more or less" in spanish) as a play on words via circumstances seeing that I knew "More or Less" what I was doing with these curlers.... :)& hoping them would "more or less" do the trick! //////


To view jewelry being worn click: earrings  and Double finger ring


So I walked around the house for about 2 hours with the curlers in and then let them out to see what happened.... 

Verdict: Not curly-- but instead my hair was a gentle wave..
For best effect, I suppose I could sleep in them overnight and have them super curly...

Anyway, all that pink curler fun was to show you I've been working on some bobby pins!

Here, I have an image of the dazzling Marilyn Monroe sealed behind a domed glass cabochon
and set in a pair of Antique Copper bobby pins!

I designed them so that they can lay criss-crossed in your hair and both face the same way :)

I have a dozen more that will be for sale in my Etsy store soon! 

So, stay tuned for more handmade bobby pins with some fav. images 
+
more Sunday FUNdays posts! 



t'was a Sunday FUNday indeed! 

xo!
Des, Mano y Metal

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Love those retro feeling shots with the curlers =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! :D Thank you! :D who knew curlers could be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for 'Following' http:www.allthingshomey.blogspot.com. Gglad to meet you and follow your cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Stefanie- yey! so glad you love it! :D Thank you!

    @ AllThingsHomey- Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal