1yr Etsy Shop Anniversary+Growth.

7:29 PM

Mano y Metal turned 1 year old yesterday! Yes, it is my Etsy Shop Birthday! Or should I call it my 1 yr anniversary? Either or, I survived my first year as an Etsy Shop owner & am so in love with Mano y Metal. :) 
Can the Boss Ladies stand up? view HERE
I still can’t believe this exact time last year I had no idea what I was getting myself into as I opened up my Etsy shop.  No idea of the CONSTANT hard work, late nights and hoops to jump through that running a small business entailed. I wasn't even sure I would commit to Mano y Metal...survive it, love it... but alas, I find myself here, still standing and excited about my 2nd year that begins today! 
I still have tons to learn about navigating the waters of entrepreneurship but the best piece of advice I can give is to make sure to GROW, yes -->EVOLVE<-- Make sure not to stifle your natural evolvement! 

Don't shut down your new ideas for marketing your product, taking pictures or networking because of FEAR. You need to stop being afraid of change & instead welcome the growth! Yes, it is a lot of work, but if you are serious about your Etsy Shop then you must work hard.
We must evolve & as our history shows: nothing stays the same.... so why does your Etsy shop still look the same? 
Have you not grown? 
Well, you have! 
So let that shine through! & don't let your fear stifle your natural evolvement. Here are some examples of my growth... and many of them I am brainstorming how to improve on them... change them, have them evolve...because it is a constant progress, you can't get comfortable and start slacking & become stagnant, aim to evolve.. grow.

Here is my 1st yr growth journey
Etsy Shop Banner {#1}
Evolved into this one..{#2}
I didn't know how to create a banner, use natural lighting for pictures nor make blog buttons BUT I LEARNED. I am the queen of GOOGLING IT. I google, google, google and YouTube tutorials help to... there is help out there you just have to find it to equip yourself with the knowledge. It takes times, believe me, so much time, but it is worth it!
Next up: 
Blog Banner {#1}
Yes, I know it looks almost exactly the same as my Etsy banner...except for an additional image of swirly metal earrings added to the end... but I kept this up for a long time... because I didn't know how to change it... (how to make a banner) or where to even start... but like I mentioned above, good o' google comes to the rescue! I am well-acquainted myself with PhotoBucket too as I don't have photoshop... and this is what I came up with for my blog banner.
Current Blog Banner: {#2}

I like this one & it motivated me to revamp the entire look of my blog when I changed the banner... & that in turn motivated me to blog more too... Change helps. 


Next: 
Business Cards

First Batch



Then I was running out and panicked... eeek! I needed new business cards! So after many hours of research and designing... I came up with this...
And yes, I am going to change these when I have to re-order cards...  to reflect my work+shop growth.


*****

So I am on this journey, and I have no idea what is in the future... but I know what is within me & that is passion for my craft & I hope you feel/see it in my work. 


Thank you for a wonderful 1st year, the love & support from friends, family, strangers, customers, handmade community and beyond has been tremendous & the foundation of my growth as an Etsy Shop owner. 
I am enjoying the journey & hope you enjoy your too, & wherever our paths may lead us, may they intertwine along the way. 


love, 
Desiree, 
the heart & hands behind Mano y Metal.
____________________________________
Stats for my 1st year, I can only hope to double all these by this date next year... for my 2nd yr. Etsy Shop anniversary...
I'll return to this blog post & note the growth exactly 1 yr from now, if God permits...
MANO Y METAL 1 YR STATS

MANO Y METAL ETSY SHOP: 
420 SALES
FACEBOOK FAN PAGE FANS:
700+ fans
TWITTER FOLLOWERS
400+
BLOG FOLLOWERS:
100+
MANO Y METAL SOLD IN RETAIL STORES
4 STORES
PRESS/FEATURES:
 10+


DON'T LET ANYONE EVER TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO WHAT YOU WANT.
PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT.
BELIEVE IN YOUR GOALS.
GROW.




You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. keep it up! your doing a great job and you are heading in the right direction. You have the right attitude, passion and drive. I love your work!

    ~Enith~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enith!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for your words of inspiration! I really appreciate your support & def. makes me smile to know you love my work! :D THANK YOU for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it so much!
    xoxo.
    Des.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations in your succes hun!! All your hard work is appreciated. My mano Y Metal jewelry is hands down my favorite. Thanks for all your hard work!!
    I will never get tired of saying... I am so glad we crossed paths!!
    Cheers my friend!! Can't wait for the coming anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¡Felicidades, chica! Congrats on such a fabulous year. Just met this month, but I look forward to watching your shop/blog transform during this coming year. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a wonderful first year of many more to come!

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Citlalli- I AM SO HAPPY our cyber paths crossed & I was fortunate enough to meet you and work with you! I love your +energy & hope we have many more collaborations in the future! :D

    @Libby- Mil Gracias! I am looking forward to getting to know you better via our craft+blog+shops! :D

    @Christie- Thank you so much Christie! :D

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felicitaciones! So inspiring! There are so many changes I want to make (especially to my banner), it is good to get good advice that motivates me to change it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your 1 year Etsyversary! I love this post! It shows what you can do when you put your heart into it. You can see your passion in your work. You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Maria- Hola! Yes, change is good & give you a breath of fresh air to motivate you. Also, it can be fun. :)

    @Kim- Thank you SO MUCH KIM! I always love when you stop by my blog, your comments always make me smile :) Thank you thank you!

    Des.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet metal pendant with writings etched on the same.They look very cool and casual.Maybe the writings could be customised also ...very cute things these.

    ReplyDelete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal