Snow Storm!

5:22 PM

Of course, it would snow like this! There is always some kind of crazy snow storm or blizzard or below zero weather near(or on) my birthday (my bday is Wednesday!), & snow and blizzards come with the territory of being born in January and living in Chicago. Prepare for snow. But we have been waiting for a long time, I mean we went through December and Christmas with barely a single snow flake, but I knew it would come, I knew it was only a matter of time until it snowed!


Yey for snow! I get as excited as my 5 yr old to throw on some snow boots and play outside.. but alas, it is NOT driving weather, I parked my car at 2pm in front of my house and don't plan on moving it until all the craziness of the snow calms down, traffic is bad, cars are slipping and sliding and well, this weather it is the perfect excuse to cuddle with a hot chocolate & homemade chicken noodle soup! :) Maybe, just maybe, I'll make some... and who knows, maybe tomorrow we can make a snow man! oooh! That will be fun! Until then, to everyone in a city covered in snow like Chicago, be safe and stay warm!


Do tell, how is the weather where you live? Snow? Sunny? warm? 
and if you tell me you are wearing shorts...
I won't believe you. :)


Have a great weekend!!!!



You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. you are always so sweet in your comments! Gracias Stef darling! <3

      Delete
  2. Hey Des, it is pouring, pouring, pouring rain here in beautiful wine country, Sonoma County, CA. It's like the weather is making up for lost time.
    I loved Chicago, but I was only there in July, not the winter. Have you been to "Taste of Chicago"? I really enjoyed it.
    Cheers,
    Adriann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriann! awe sweet you are in CA! rain, awe I love thunder storms & rain! I don't like driving in them, but I do love how powerful the rain can claim sound and bounce against my window. :)
      I have been to the Taste of Chicago, but honestly, I don't frequent it annually because it gets too crowded for my preference, blame it on my mom who raised me to avoid crowds in that density. :) But I will sneak over there on my lunch break and eat an eggplant sandwich from a restaurant called Ricobene's I highly recommend it the net time you visit in the summer! :)
      Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
      xoxo!
      Des.

      Delete
  3. No snow this winter as of yet. Now we're experiencing cold temperatures and rain. The other day we had thunder and lightning. So, in other words, enjoy your snow days for me. But if they do come, I aim to be shut in and crafting! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, no snow yet huh? Yes! Snow days def. welcome some shut-in crafting time! :)
      That is exactly what I did yesterday :)
      Have a great Saturday!
      xoxo!
      Des.

      Delete
  4. happiest of birthdays! these pictures are so cute and wow those stairs! i have a hard time going down stairs but ones with snow...oh geesh...good thing i don't live where it snows. i would probably break my neck once a year!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the 20s are almost behind me... THANK GOODNESS hahaha!
      lol, stairs & snow do equal scary :) That is where tons of SALT & shoveling come in... good thing I rent and that labor gets done for me :) heehee.

      xoxo!

      Delete
  5. I love love love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I found it in the most unexpected shop too! .... the Zoo Gift Shop! hahaha, I was like: no way! and I needed to make it mine! See! Proves we should always check out gift shops heehee.
      #shopoholic

      Delete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal