Truth is...{No.10 } I am split in half.

12:42 PM

truth is: this is how I have been feeling lately...
Photo Credit: Alejandro Lavin Jr.
I've been finding myself in this emotional web lately, where I get anxiety being at the cube because i have a rush of ideas for Mano y Metal and then by the time i get home, I am get swept away by the daily house duties that by the time I do have a moment to create, i am too tired and my creative energy is no where to be found... and..If you have an artist heart and a day job, then you probably feel the way i do...

i called my friend this past Friday to wish him a happy birthday and he jokingly said:
"what the hell, my job doesn't understand I have things to do! art to make! they insist on keeping me for 40 hrs every week!" 
                        and we took on our alter-ego voices, the way we like to when we talk to each other---you know, that voice you use when you are talking to yourself while driving? no? anyone? well, I do it all the time :) Anyway, and i chimed in saying: 
" I know! Don't they realize 40hrs is a lot to take away from our creative lives..."
                        and we both wished out-loud
                                 him in New York
                                            and me in Chicago,
        that we could dedicate 40 hours a week, 80 hours bi-weekly & 160hrs monthly to our creative endeavors, and not
                    instead be a cubicle hostage.
BUT my cubicle job pays the bills, keeps the stability in my routine and I know better than to complain... in fact, i am NOT complaining,... I am merely venting today because a cube can wear an artist out is all...
It can wear me out...
Sometimes, I feel it start to take my shine away, and that scares me...
so, since it is truth tuesday, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to be truthful and get it off my chest, and there, I am all better now... good thing i have the soul of a ninja and can fight the negativity off one karate-chop at a time:)
someone please add that to my resume: "soul of a ninja" :)


thank you for stopping by for my truth tuesday vent session!

& by all means, if you have want to vent about something, I will listen & share some of my ninja-negative-chopping-moves with ya :)

much love.

 what is your truth?
Today, I am joining my girl, Nina on the Moon in her project:




You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. The dilemma... Follow your heart. That's all I can say! Love you amiga!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has become the DAILY dilemma lately...
      decisions, decisions.
      Thank you Citlalli, I am finding the courage a lil more each day!

      xoxo!

      Delete
  2. i know exactly what you mean, about the threat of taking your sunshine away... :/ I feel that with my job sometimes. peru good thing we are some tough cookies, and it's hard for things to get us down! :P

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you said it nina! Good thing we ARE tough cookies :) takes a lot to take our sunshine away :) <3

      Delete
  3. I totally understand your dilemma...as I sit in my cubicle at the moment. (and TOTALLY add soul of a ninja to your resume...shoot that should be a job requirement!) Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea, we (humans) weren't designed to spend so many hours in a box, I vote more "work from home" days! :) ahhh, now THAT would be awesome! :)
      doing cubicle duties in PJs from HOME! :)

      soul of a ninja-- heehee.

      thank you Martiza! You too!
      xoxo.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Awe, I wish I could follow it, but bills are annoyingly dominating with their presence! :)
      But gotta stay positive! :)

      xoxo!

      Delete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. There must be a happy medium out there somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THERE HAS TO BE! :) That is what I believe... let's find it! :)

      Delete
  6. I so know what you mean and I have been torn for a long time too. Man this getting the bills paid SUCKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! The having to pay the long list of bills and you know, occasionally shop for new clothes makes me stick to something steady.... oh being responsible can have its set-backs. :)

      xoxo!

      Delete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal