DIY: Melted Crayon Art!

7:53 PM

So, I saw this on Pinterest and HAD to try it! I knew my son would love it and so we headed to the craft store after school yesterday and picked up the supplies to get some art-making on! :)
I have seen a dozen versions of this DIY and it is almost always in a rainbow arrangement, and although I like the way the rainbow design looks melted, I decided to allow my son to pick out the colors he wanted and arrange them in any order he wanted to instead. :) I knew I ran the risk if it all turning brown... but wanted to give it a try anyway.



 I melted the crayons until the tips were gone and we decided that was good enough... and yey! Didn't turn out all brown, I found if you point the heat gun downward, the crayons melt in streaks... so you are still able to see some cool color definition in the melted chaos of this art project.

 Overall, it was pretty fun and we were pretty happy with the project! It didn't take long either, around 30min from start to finish and adds fun home-made art to any room! We decided to give the gold fish some eye candy and jazz up the white wall in our bathroom. I am pretty sure you will have fun making this! I say experiment and see what you come up with! :) 

 Let me know what you think and if you decide to try it!

Thanks for stopping by today- have a great week!







You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. Ohmigosh love this and how you hung it looks tres chic! I may try this in metallic on a black canvas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! I'm glad you like it! :D heehee, was the perfect accessories for that white wall! :) OOOOOH METALLIC on BLACK CANVAS will be AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I wanna see pics when you do that! SO COOL! :D

      Delete
  2. I've seen this on Pinterest too. So glad you tried it. It came out wonderfully! I'm impressed. It looks really cool on the wall. I just may try it with my son. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tara! It is super easy and most importantly--> FUN :) I hope you and your son try it! :)

      xo.
      Des.

      Delete
  3. every time i see these, i tell myself i should make one! it looks fantastic!
    -Nicole
    Knit, Nicole, Knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it took me awhile to get to finally trying it out, but I hope you do!- It is total fun :)

      xo.
      Des.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant! I keep telling myself I should give this a go but never have done. xx

    http://annieshomemadeheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do it! :) It is so worth it... and doesn't take long... I think what held me back was actually making time to go to the craft store and buy the supplies... but finally made myself go. :)


      xoxo!
      Des.

      Delete
  5. I've not seen this before and think it looks fantastic, I cant wait to try it!! Thanks :D
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a great idea and totally fun! i did something similar back in college, i drew on a large piece of paper with crayons and then with an iron melted the drawing and used it as a stain glass window, it turned out pretty cool. i couldn't keep it as it was a hug installation and it only worked at school, bummer i never took a picture of it.

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Your piece sounds amazing! I love installations and the way you made it into a stained glass window and melted the crayons and all that sounds so cool! My mom used to have us take leaves, then place them on wax paper, shave crayons over them then iron them to melt the crayons over the leaves.. your description of your project brought those memories back... and I WISH you had a pic of it too!!!!
      Ode to our art projects before digital camera obsessions. :)

      xoxo.
      Des.

      Delete
  7. such a clever project. I would like to try this out with my nephew when he gets a little older.

    Stop by & enter my Vedette giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg i saw the post of you modeling the vedette piece! So lovely! I must enter it, although I'd be a little shy to wear it out too.... but only a little. :)

      xoxo.

      Delete
  8. That looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who cleaned the fish bowl? Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is crazy cool! i can't believe they:

    a. melted with a hair dryer
    b. melted so beautifully

    oh, pinterest! i have so many diys on there waiting and i seriously need to try some of them. i need a clone.

    ReplyDelete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal