What I Wore the day I encountered the supernatural

9:00 AM

IMG_1706
These photos are from one of the very first photo-shoots I had with my friend Alex, we both had the day off of work and decided to meet up and take some pictures on a beautiful sunny day.... and of course, the day I decide to wear a corset top with a tight pencil skirt, Alex takes me to an old church to have the photoshoot!! Um, I didn't want to get out of the car and get near that church wearing what I was, lol, maybe when I was 17 years old and rebellious, but I am grown & have shame now (most of the time), but somehow Alex talked me into getting out of the car and exploring the beautiful architecture for some photos.. I'm telling you, I would have dressed completely different had I known we'd be at a church, maybe like a summer dress with flowers, something more "appropriate" -- but hey, when life hands you lemons make some lemonade or as I tend to do: just laugh it off.
Photobucket
IMG_1693
Photobucket
IMG_1705
So, it ended up being a fun shoot, but as I looked through the pictures, I was convinced there was a spirit lurking around us as we walked the grounds... why? because it was an old church & I am recently obsessed with the show "Supernatural" (thanks netflix for "suggesting" i watch that one- now I don't sleep)  but when I was looking through the photos I was sure it was NOT "flare from the sun" as Alex said... instead I chose to ignore that (very logical) explanation & let my imagination play with the idea of supernatural essence like capturing a spirit as it passed at the very moment Alex took the picture... thun-thun-the-raaa, (yes, my brain works like this more frequently than it should.... I blame Nancy Drew).

IMG_1709
IMG_1713
IMG_1717
IMG_1718
IMG_1719

See! No matter how far we walked... the spirit lurked... :) ok, ok, maybe I need to lay-off watching supernatural shows... :p ....... anyway, whether it was a spirit or sun-flare it was a fun photo-shoot! :) IMG_1725
all jewerly handcrafted by: manoymetal 
All photos taken by: Alejandro Lavin, Jr.
 find him: http://alavin.us or tweet him: @alejandrolavin


♥Have a great day!♥
 




You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. You look absolutely stunning! Wowza...and also, those do not look like sun flares to me...especially where the lighting is in some of the photos, they don't make sense. So I'm with you girl, ghosties all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D :D yessssss! So glad you agree! ghosts + spirits exist! :D

      Delete
  2. wow wow wow wow!!! hot mama! you look amazing! who cares if you were at a church, you look HOT!!!!!!!!!!!! these pictures are so amazing, he did a great job! i freak myself out too when i watch the x-files. we had to stop watching it before bed!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i used to watch the x-files all the time!!! i'm forever hooked on supernatural shows, even though they creep me out! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from the What I Wore Wednesday link up! Cute outfit! love the hat!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to have a foot in both camps - I'm an Acupuncturist by trade but I also love Science & Quantum Physics...I'm looking at this with my 'Vulcan head' on and I really think it's an 'Orb-spirit'...anyway - I've heard of outfit's 'knocking em dead' but never 'raising the dead'! :)

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heeeeheeee, this comments never fails to crack me up! :D :D You are so sweet Patricia! but i swear there was energy following us around that day! <3
      I am totally googling: 'orb-spirit" right now! :)

      xoxo!

      Delete
  5. love the outfit and your blog is awesome!
    New follower
    thanks for stopping by my blog earlier

    ReplyDelete
  6. It totally is the spirits! xoxoxo Great pics and great shoot! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! So happy you see them and agree too!
      a spirit was following us that day! eeek!

      Delete
  7. You look so sassy and wonderful! I love the hairpiece too!
    ---www.katelyngreer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look AMAZING! I love the vintage feel to the outfit.

    Transatlantic Blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melaina! Vinatage is so fun to play with... and I wish i could visit the 1920s the era of rebellious women & jazz! :)

      heehee. xoxoxoxo!

      Delete
  9. Following back! Love those shoes! Such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! my fav pair of (red) shoes! t-straps are so fun!

      xoxoxo!

      Delete
  10. Love this look, Desiree! Very pin-up with the darling fascinator. Such a beautiful location to shoot!!! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowee what a stunning outfit Desiree - you look a million dollars (and you have amazing legs...)! Love that you were taken to a church to shoot the pics, heehee!

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog! Am now following you, let me know if you're following me (couldn't tell if you were or not ;)

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a cool photo shoot -great outfit and great location. i kinda like the idea that a spirit was hanging out with you!

    and i love the show "Supernatural" - try to never miss it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. amiga, these photos are AMAZING!!!! so sexy and classy, me gusta! ;) looks like a great church to have a photo shoot! and i agree about spirits, lol. everytime i see a blurr of light in my photos i think the same! BESOS

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cool outfit and such cool photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just discovered you via the Wardrobe Wednesday linky, which I haven't visited in ages and had to stop and comment on these GORGEOUS shots! You have so much character that shines through in all these beautifully set photographs. I'm not surprised the spirits got a a little excited! You look fabulous in that outfit and carry it off with elegance, style and grace (and a lot of personality!). Fabulous. I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SARAH for your beautiful words! You are so sweet! I deeply appreicate you taking the time to visit & I am glad you liked the post! My friend is the credit for the great shots as he has a great eye but also I should admit I was OBSESSED with the show by Tyra Banks called "TOP MODEL" and I totally play pretend that i am 6ft tall and on a real set. again, my imagination. :) I'm headed over to your blog now to visit! :) xoxoxo!
      Des.

      Delete
  16. I love those red shoes and the vintagey flavour of your outfit

    ReplyDelete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal