Dia de los Muertos SUGAR SKULL tutorial!11:17 AM
- I should have drawn out/"mapped out" the design I drew on my face PRIOR to... you know, recording... because I free-styled it... and all I knew was I was going to avoid the spider-web on the forehead.. because I don't like spiders or spiderwebs.. but then I kinda let my hand lead impulsively and drew swirls & hearts.. Anyway, next time I am either printing a picture of a design I like or drawing it out before so I can have a much clearer design... you know, design with intent! :)
- Anyway, another things I learned: color inside nostrils... I know, I know that sounds gross BUT I'm talking about the brim of the nostrils because I noticed in the editing of the video/photographs that my skin peeked through around my nose and it was cause' I didn't get down and dirty with the black face paint like I should have. :) See Picture below! ha! :) See? PAINT the inside of your nostrils! :)
So if you do try this look here are some tips:
- Have a print out of the image / design you want to create
- Reserve an 1hour to 2hours to apply the sugar skull face.
- Be creative! Add or Subtract as many details as you want, that's the fun thing about this look, it lends to creative freedom in color choices and design.
- If you "mess up" don't freak out, just add some white face paint to fix it and remember there are no mistakes in art! :)
- I also used mainly Halloween face-paint to achieve this look and easily accessible products such as eyeliner pencils & eyeshadow creme-based pencils for the colored parts.
- The rhinestones I used for around my eyes I got at a craft store. :)
- Let me know if you have any other questions in the comments below & I'll do my best to answer them! :)
- Oh, and PAINT INSIDE your Nostrils! :)