What I Wore // An Organ and Elf Shoes

10:46 AM

 
So the Organ walks into a bar and says to the girl... 
No wait, the girl walks into the bar and there is an organ there..
Wait, how does the joke go? 
But seriously, isn't this a cool organ? I'm all for cool photo props and this one is the coolest prop ever! 
Last weekend my friend Alex came to Chicago for a visit from Texas where he moved with his girlfriend... His parents cleaned out his apartment and all that is left standing is a TV mounted on the wall and this cool-ass organ!
and so, impromptu photo-shoot incurred!
I have the hardest time wearing these shoes, when I purchased them I envisioned myself attending an art gallery wearing them... (because that is what I do, my imagination is x100 when I go shoe shopping) -- I have a hard time wearing them out because when I try them on with an outfit, I feel like I look like an elf. They are elf shoes. Oh, look mom, I'm an elf! 
and even though I felt like an elf at the store when I tried them on there, and I knew that would hold me back from wearing them a lot.. I bought them anyway because I fell in love with the chunky yellow heel.. I love bold color details on shoes... details that make the shoe distinct in design. and so it was that yellow chunky heel that convinced me I should add these to my collection.. for days like this... where I'd be hanging all over an organ. haha.
Two things: 
1. I'm growing my hair out, I've resisted all impulses to chop it off to see how long I can grow it.. so we'll see! 
2. I decided to stop dying it. Um, WHAT? Yes. If you have looked through my posts, my favorite color to dye my hair is Red, different shades of red, I mix colors in my bathroom (make plenty of messes) and I have been dying my hair for YEARS! my hair is damaged and I want to let it grow out and be healthy again... (if that is even possible!) so... here we are with scandalous roots... ha.
Isn't it so fun when you get a leg cramp in the middle of a pose? what the! ;p
// Shiny disco shirt: A'gaci // jeans: my messy closet //
// shoes: Aldo // earrings: Mano y Metal //
How's your week going?
 ~
Thanks for stopping by!
xoxo,

Desiree, Mano y Metal

_________________________
///////////\\\\\\\\\
All Photos taken by: Alejandro Lavin
twitter: @alejandrolavin
///////////\\\\\\\\\\

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! :D my friend got that organ at a thrift store for $20!
      crazy :)

      Delete
  2. Tu y el Organ. Otra combinación perfecta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the organ is a good find! cool top!
    thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    Thirdbite | style blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Love your shoes here, it's mustard I guess? Lovely :)
    Btw, PLEASE join my first ever blog giveaway from Oasap. You can choose from lots of gorgeous pieces! Hope you visit my blog too. http://queenlytan.blogspot.com/
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looking great... and I absolutely love the way you pose!! So creative...<3

    Hey would you like to follow each other? I would love to... Do let me know...

    Neha
    letstalkabouteverything1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice look!Surely follow you ;)
    metinearbata.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures and the outfit!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post!
    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice post!

    http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! i love the organ, and the shoes, and LOVE these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for coming by my page, Im following you back, you seem nice and funny.
    i love your top and your photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your top! :) great photos! <3

    xoxo,
    SHERLAINE
    http://alittlefashionsocialite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That definitely made for an amazing photo prop!! You look so chic and I absolutely LOVE your shoes :)

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear, your blog is amazing, it inspires me so much and I love all of your posts..such an amzing style!! Why don't we keep in touch following each other via bloglovin and gfc? What do you think?
    Let me know and best whishes
    Laura ❤
    Http://gowestyoungcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Yey! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog & comment!
I LOVE COMMENTS! :)
xoxo!
Desiree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

#manoymetal